Knickers 4 Africa has received a huge donation courtesy of Jane and Sue Robbins from Hatton.
Jane Robbins and her former sister-in-law Sue Robbins organised a ladies’ lunch to collect the lingerie and raise money for us.
Jane said: “There was so much interest in the event that we had to take over the whole venue as ticket sales increased by 50 per cent and stall bookings doubled from the anticipated 10-12.”
Jane and Sue decided to organise the lunch after reading an article about the charity.
Sue said: “I was shocked to read that many Africans have no underwear at all.”
Money raised will help pay for us to distribute the clothes to needy families in Tanzania, Sierra Leone and other Africa countries.
Honeys Lingerie Boutique in Henley-in-Arden, Chausalle Boutique in Warwick, PromMisses in Knowle and Sharper Millinery in Hall Green took part in a fashion show.
Clothes were modelled by family and friends of the organisers and boutiques.
Auction items comprised dinner for eight cooked in your own home by The Oak’s head chef; a Dolce & Gabbana leather designer bag from Warwick resident Caroline Withey who works for http://www.brandalley.co.uk; six gym sessions at Leamington Educogym and a family portrait photography day with Francis Wilson in Solihull.
Jane said: “Everyone was very generous and the day ran really smoothly with the ladies having a very enjoyable lunch.
To Sue and Jane, we send a heartfelt THANK YOU! THis is by far the largest donation we have received since starting the charity and it will go a long way in helping us to move forward and get our donations to the people that deserve them.
Filed under: Donation, Fundraising | 1 Comment
It’s been far too long since we updated the blog and we promise to do better! We have had a lot going on with the charity and will endeavour to tell you more about it all over the next few weeks!
One thing that we want any readers to know about is that we are currently updating the website to make it a little easier to find relevant information and to make it a little easier to navigate. Please do let us know what you think to help us with future changes!
Filed under: Updates, Website | Leave a Comment
Whilst we have our own donation drive here at K4A, we love seeing people bringing attention to underwear …! Please head over to the 210 FM Website and check out what Molly is doing – we are sending here some bras that we have had donated that aren’t suitable for Africa!
Filed under: Bras, Donation, Other Charities | Leave a Comment
What are you doing on Saturday June 14th? Do you fancy coming along to our launch party to help us to celebrate in style? For the cheap price of £20 per person you can experience:
- Champagne on arrival
- Photograph with our scantily clad models wearing K4A branded underwear
- A performace from The Knicker Lady
- A Fashion Show underwear (with many bespoke designs for sale afterwards!)
- African Music, Singing and Dancing
- Raffle and Auction (including Celebrity signed underwear)
- Pig Roast and Chocolate Fountain
- Gift bag for every guest
- Your chance to find out more about the charity and how you can help us!
We are selling 2 types of tickets:
- £20 includes all of the above
- £15 includes the above, minus the persformance from The Knicker Lady (due to limited space)
If you would like to purchase a ticket, please contact us via the methods below (cheques should be made out to “Knickers 4 Africa”):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook – K4A or Emma
- Telephone – 07938 141069
- Knickers 4 Africa, 3 Warrenwood Drive, High Wycombe, Bucks. HP11 1DZ
HURRY: Get your before we sell out – we already have a list of over 150 people sending their money!
We are still looking for some help too! If you or any of your contact can help with the below, please let us know!
- General Help (Serving, Cleaning, Parking and Security)
- Sponsorship of the Launch – either part or whole
- Raffle and Auction Prizes
- Contacts for clincics, hospitals, orphanages and homes for the disabled in Africa
Filed under: Launch | Leave a Comment